Good day everyone,
We’ve spent three great days in Nuremberg at it-sa, thanks for everybody who dropped by. 🙂
Originally we wanted to push out 15.7.16 earlier, but faced an interesting challenge with the latest FreeBSD package manager version update. To that end, we are probably going to release new images for 15.7.17 with the new package manager included just to make sure we can retain a clean and flat upgrade process even for the images. But fear not, online upgrades are still working as expected.
Speaking of releases and images, we’ve had recent feedback about what we call releases that do not necessarily offer images. We do this because in a weekly update cycle it is far too complicated to bundle verified images. The versioning scheme does not reflect this at the moment, but we’ve had similar intentions when we moved away from the old 15.1 scheme. Long story short, we will try to make this more clear in the future. The preferred method of installation is via the latest available image that should be upgraded immediately after installation.
Since the build tools are open, it’s not a particular problem to build a newer version yourself or if you require one that comes directly from us just let us know so we can help your specific use case. Last but not least, here are the full patch notes:
- ports: phalcon 2.8.0 , php 5.6.14 
- unbound: improved DNS rebind protection
- traffic shaper: improved description field validation
- wizard: bring back missing files
- captive portal: redirect after successful RADIUS login
- health: fix reading of ntpd RRD data
- config manager: fix revert and delete in translations
- config daemon: don’t pass stderr on script output call
- languages: German now 64% complete
Your OPNsense team