we hope you guys are doing well. We are certainly happy with our first production release out in the open. 🙂 Now that that’s taken care of, we have the opportunity to introduce stable braches for 15.7.x, with this week’s 15.7.1 as the first of many.
Squid and Bind have CVE-related fixes. Otherwise, only minor fixes and improvements went into this release.
If you are being affected by the DHCP server startup issue reboots are necessary in order to fix the root cause. Please follow these steps:
1. Upgrade to 15.7.1 using your preferred method.
2. Disable RAM disks in “System: Settings: Misc.” and reboot.
3. Enable RAM disks in “System: Settings: Misc.” and reboot.
4. The DHCP server will now startup correctly.
Here is the full list of changes:
- overall: introducing stable updates for 15.7.x
- ports: bind910 9.10.2-P2 , freetype2 2.6 , squid 3.5.6 
- crash reporter: fixed the upload of additional files
- system: always have a symlink available for /var/db/pkg
- system: protect sshd against OOM kills
- system: can now properly select time zones which have a sub-sub-category
- intrusion detection: switch default interface to WAN
- menu: added awareness for further routing tabs
- login: switch off ‘autocapitalize’ and ‘autocorrect’ for username field
- status: do not scale RRD graphs over 100% of their actual size
- languages: minor tweaks for the German translation
Your OPNsense team